Georgia Tech head football coach Paul Johnson will be partaking in the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl Challenge with former Yellow Jackets star basketball player Jon Barry.
Paul Johnson and Jon Barry will be looking to win their fifth Chick-Fil-A Peach Bowl Challenge at the end of the month in the 11th year of the event. The event will be held at Reynolds Lake Oconee outside of Atlanta.
More from Yellow Jackets News
- Georgia Tech gets six new commits to 2023 class after official visits
- Georgia Tech hosts a plethora of 2023 recruits this weekend
- Georgia Tech Baseball: Danny Hall becomes winningest active coach
- Georgia Tech Baseball: 2022 season ends with heartbreak
- Georgia Tech Football 2022 Schedule Breakdown
This year’s list of teams is made up of 13-teams and includes four newcomers in Baylor, Florida, TCU, and the College Football Playoff committee. The 13-teams are made up of five representatives fro both the ACC and SEC. The ACC is represented by Clemson, Georgia Tech, North Carolina, N.C State, and Virginia Tech. The SEC’s representatives are Alabama, Baylor, Florida, Georgia, and Ole Miss. The final three remaining teams belong to the Big 12 (Baylor and TCU) and the neutral College Football Playoff committee team.
The following are each team and the pairing that will be representing their school or committee.
- Clemson: Dabo Swinney / Steve Fuller
Defending National Championship winning coach Dabo Swinney will play alongside former Clemson quarterback Steve Fuller.
- Georgia Tech: Paul Johnson / Jon Barry
Georgia Tech will be represented by head football coach Paul Johnson and former basketball star Jon Barry.
- North Carolina: Larry Fedora / Roy Williams
The Tar Heels representatives are their head football coach Larry Fedora and National Championship winning head basketball coach Roy Williams.
- North Carolina State: Dave Doeren / Terry Harvey
Head football coach Dave Doeren will play alongside former two-way star Terry Harvey as they represent the Wolfpack.
- Virginia Tech: Justin Fuente / Dell Curry
The Hokies will be represented by second-year head football coach Justin Fuente and Virginia Tech basketball legend Dell Curry.
- Alabama: Nick Saban / Mark Ingram
Living legend Nick Saban will play alongside the 2009 Heisman Trophy winner Mark Ingram as they represent the Crimson Tide.
- Auburn: Guz Malzahn / Al Del Greco
Head football coach Guz Malzahn and former Tigers placekicker Al Del Greco will represent Auburn during the challenge.
- Florida: Steve Spurrier / Shane Matthews
The Gators will be represented by former Heisman Trophy winner and National Championship winning coach Steve Spurrier and former Gators quarterback Shane Matthews.
- Georgia: Kirby Smart / David Dukes
The head football coach of the Bulldogs will play with former Bulldogs quarterback David Dukes as they represent Georgia.
- Ole Miss: Hugh Freeze / Wesley Walls
The defending champions of the Chick-Fil-A Peach Bowl challenge, head football coach Hugh Freeze will play alongside legendary Rebels tight end Wesley Walls.
Big 12 (2):
- Baylor: Jim Grobe / David Crowder
Former Bears head football coach Jim Grobe will play with musician and Baylor alumnus David Crowder.
- TCU: Gary Patterson / LaDainian Tomlinson
Longtime TCU head football coach Gary Patterson will play alongside legendary NFL running back LaDainian Tomlinson as they represent the Horned Frogs.
College Football Playoff Committee (1):
- College Football Playoff: Frank Beamer / Bobby Johnson
The CFP committee will be represented by former Virginia Tech head football coach Frank Beamer and former Vanderbilt head coach Bobby Johnson.
The Chick-Fil-A Peach Bowl Challenge is one of the nation’s top head coach and celebrity golfing events in the United States according to a press release. All proceeds generated at the event go towards scholarships at the participating shools nad foundations that are selected by the coaches. Over it’s first 10-years the event generated over $6 million in scholrships and charity dontions.