With three weeks in the books, it’s time for the weekly ACC power rankings.
The college football season is a quarter of the way over for most programs but there is still plenty of football to be played. Here’s how the ACC teams rank up heading into week four.
1. Clemson Tigers: 3-0 (47-21 win over Louisville)
More from Yellow Jackets News
- Georgia Tech gets six new commits to 2023 class after official visits
- Georgia Tech hosts a plethora of 2023 recruits this weekend
- Georgia Tech Baseball: Danny Hall becomes winningest active coach
- Georgia Tech Baseball: 2022 season ends with heartbreak
- Georgia Tech Football 2022 Schedule Breakdown
- Last week: 1
- Change: None
Clemson proved in week three that they are the best team in the ACC by a wide margin. The Tigers defense is better than it was before and the offense is still extremely dangerous despite having a new starting quarterback, running back, and top wide receiver.
Next up: vs Boston College
2. Virginia Tech: 3-0 (64-17 win over East Carolina)
- Last week: 4
- Change: +2
The Hokies looked the part of a top 15 team in the country on Saturday following a bad first quarter in which they were down 17-7 to East Carolina. Josh Jackson is a legit starting quarterback in the ACC and looks like he can be an extremely dangerous quarterback the next four years. The defense should just get better as the season goes on.
Next up: vs Old Dominion
3. Florida State: 0-1 (Game against Miami postponed)
- Last week: 2
- Change: -1
The Seminoles were off for a second straight week which means they’ll be extremely fresh going into their game against NC State next weekend. The defense will be among the best in the country but all eyes will be on the offense.
Next up: vs NC State
4. Louisville: 2-1 (41-27 loss to Clemson)
- Last week: 3
- Change: -1
The Cardinals were looking to make a huge statement on Saturday night against Clemson but it was all but that. The Cardinals came out and were curb stomped by a Clemson offense they were nowhere close to being ready for. The offense should be alright going forward but there will be questions about the defense going forward.
Next up: vs Kent State