The Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets will play their second straight road game on Saturday afternoon against the Pittsburgh Panthers as they look to end their road woes and six game road losing streak.
Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (1-1) at Pittsburgh Panthers (1-1)
Heinz Field (Pittsburgh, PA) – 12:30 pm (Fox Sports South/ACC Network)
The Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets will look to avoid their first 1-2 start in the Paul Johnson era on Saturday when they travel to the Steel City to take on the Pittsburgh Panthers. The game is the Yellow Jackets last road game of the month as they return home for next weekend’s matchup with the Clemson Tigers before taking on Bowling Green.
The Panthers entered 2018 with high expectations thanks to a defense that was expected to take a step forward this season. That being said, the Panthers offense may ultimately hold them back from reaching their goals.
For both teams, Saturday’s game is an early must win game as six wins could be difficult to reach in 2018 thanks to difficult schedules.
What They Did Last Week:
Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 49-38 loss to USF
Everyone knows what happened last weekend for the Yellow Jackets by now. In a barn burner affair, the Yellow Jackets offense put up video game numbers but late game turnovers and a defense that couldn’t get a stop down the stretch ultimately cost the Yellow Jackets another game. As Yogi Berra would say “It’s deja vu, all over again” as the game was reminiscent of several Tech losses in 2017.
Pittsburgh Panthers: 51-6 loss to Penn State
The Panthers on the other hand are coming off a demoralizing 51-6 loss to the hands of Penn State after being down just 14-6 at half time, the Nittany Lions scored 37 unaswered second half points, including 21 in the fourth quarter.
Yellow Jacked Up Weekly Links:
- Georgia Tech Football vs Pittsburgh Panthers: Injury Report for Saturday
- Georgia Tech Football vs Pittsburgh Panthers: How to Watch: Live stream, TV, and more
- Georgia Tech Football vs Pittsburgh: Five Storylines to Watch
- Georgia Tech Football vs Pittsburgh: Three Panthers to Watch For on Saturday
- ACC Football Stock Exchange: Report #1
- Georgia Tech Football: Previewing the Pittsburgh Offense
- Geogria Tech vs USF: Defensive Analsysis
- Georgia Tech vs USF: Offensive Analysis
- Georgia Tech Football: KirVonte Benson out for the season
- Georgia Tech vs Pittsburgh: Jackets open as 2.5-point favorites
- Georgia Tech vs USF: Players of the Game
- Georgia Tech vs USF: Five Quick Hits Following Saturday’s 49-38 Loss
- Georgia Tech vs USF: Gut reaction from a gutpunching loss
- Georgia Tech has lost each of their last six true road games
- Georgia Tech defeated the Panthers last year 35-17 despite four turnovers
- Pittsburgh leads the series all-time with a 7-5 record but the Yellow Jackets are 3-2 since Pitt joined the ACC
- Georgia Tech hasn’t started the season with a 1-2 record since 2003 under Chan Gailey.
- Jackets have the country’s #1 ranked rushing offense
Pittsburgh Quick Hits:
- Head Coach: Pat Narduzzi (4th season)
- Offense: Pro Style
- 19.5 Points per game
- 241.5 Rushing yards per game
- 112.0 Passing yards per game
- 353.5 Total yards per game
- Defense: 4-3
- 29.0 Points allowed per game
- 135.5 Rushing yards allowed per game
- 221.0 Passing yards allowed per game
- 356.0 Total yards allowed per game
Odds: Georgia Tech (-2)
The Yellow Jackets opened as 2.5 point favorites over the Panthers and the line remains much of the same, moving a dash closer towards the Panthers. The Yellow Jackets were a 2.5 point favorite against USF last week but failed to cover and are 0-2 against the spread so far in 2018. Pitt this season is 1-1 against the spread. Dating back to last season, the Jackets have struggled to cover the spread and as a two-point favorite, the Jackets should cover this weekend if they can find a way to win.