Four-star power forward and top-100 player Robbie Beran has named his top three and it includes the Yellow Jackets.
Four-star power forward Robbie Beran is narrowing down his list of schools as he gets closer to a decision. On Tuesday night, the Richmond, Virginia native narrowed his list of offers down to just three; Georgia Tech, Northwestern, and Virginia Tech.
The top-100 power forward as rated by 247Sports holds 35 offers from around the country including some from pretty notable programs. He’s ranked as the 15th best power forward in the country and the fifth best from the state of Virginia in the 2019 recruiting class.
Right now, the Jackets have just two true power forwards on their roster, both being freshman in Kristian Sjolund and Khalid Moore.
Currently, the 2019 recruiting class for the Yellow Jackets is empty though a few top targets are closing in on making decisions.
Despite Virginia Tech being in Beran’s “backyard”, the Yellow Jackets chances with the top-100 recruit are still pretty strong. The 6-foot-9 power forward took his official visit to Tech at the end of August and is slated to visit Northwestern this weekend. He has yet to schedule an official visit to Blacksburg.
Currently, 247Sports’s crystal balls are cloudy for Beran with 60% saying of experts being undecided on where they think the Virginia native plays his college ball. The other 40% is split between Northwestern and Boston College, though it’s now obvious that the Eagles are out of the running.
Beran has yet to announce a commitment date which could be good news for the Jackets as they could look to get him on campus at least one more time for an unofficial visit. The Yellow Jackets kick off their 2018-19 season on November 9th against Lamar at McCamish Pavillion.