The Georgia Tech baseball team on Wednesday afternoon will look for a sweep of the Georgia State Panthers after a 7-3 win on Tuesday night.
After defeating Georgia State by a final score of 7-3 on Tuesday night, the Georgia Tech baseball team will return to the diamond on Wednesday afternoon. The Jackets will be taking on Georgia State again on Wednesday but this time, the game will be played just 10 minutes away from the Rusty C as the two programs will play at the GSU Baseball Complex. It will be the second half of a home-and-home series between the two programs.
The Yellow Jackets on Wednesday will have a chance to get to 5-3 on the season and would begin a nice rebound effort after their series loss to UCLA this past weekend. The game on Wednesday will also mark the Jackets first road game of the season after playing their first seven games at home as Russ Chandler Stadium.
Taking the mound on Wednesday will be junior Amos Willingham. It will mark Willingham’s first start of the season but his third appearance overall. In his two other appearances this season, Willingham has been shaky allowing six runs on eight hits and two walks over just 4.1 innings pitched.
More from Yellow Jacked Up
- Georgia Tech Women’s Basketball: Yellow Jackets find out opponent for Big Ten-ACC Challenge
- Georgia Tech Football: What the new ACC scheduling format means for the Yellow Jackets
- Georgia Tech gets six new commits to 2023 class after official visits
- Georgia Tech hosts a plethora of 2023 recruits this weekend
- Dontae Smith slated for big season in 2022
He’s also allowed two home runs so far on the season while opposing hitters are hitting .400 off the former JUCO righthander. Currently, there’s no pitcher who has been announced for Georgia State.
- Don’t expect Kyle McCann to start at catcher on Wednesday. McCann has started all seven games at catcher this season but is well need of a break behind the plate. He should remain in the lineup as a DH.
- The Jackets had double-digit hits for just the second time on Tuesday night, it will be important or them to carry over that momentum into Wednesday’s game.
- A win on Wednesday would give the Jackets a season sweep of Georgia State for the fourth time in five seasons.
The Yellow Jackets and the Panthers are set for a 4:00 pm first pitch. The game will not be streamed by the ACC Network but will be available via Panthervision, Georgia State’s official streaming service, though there will be a cost associated with watching the game. Fans can also listen to the game on WRECK 91.1 FM.